Sunday 12 February 2012

Fuck me its 2012....

Hello again world, it is precisely 1 year, 5 months and 15 days since my last post. Also known as 553 days or roughly 46,051,200 seconds.

I did start to get into the swing of this back then but sacked it off as I saw it as a waste of time. Today, this has changed. Today, my mate Chezza from Wales asked me for a link to this blog as she had an urge to read it one night. This then made me read it and I found it great how I could see my very precise thoughts on specific days. So to sum up, I'm doing this all for myself, in the future. Hopefully I'll be a robot.

I thought I'd have a little update with what's changed in my life and then also write down one thing that I clearly intended to write a while ago but never get round to, my original thoughts on what ghosts are.


My life.
I'm still in the band, we're now called I Divide, no longer DWTE. I get people asking me all the time why we changed the name, it's because we found DWTE too long and nobody ever rememered it, plus we decided not to be a gay-core band any more so thought it'd be best to start with a new name with the new sound.

We now have proper management and take the whole thing more seriously than ever, whether we'll actually make it big, who knows, but we're getting there. Make your own decision: I Divide facebook Page

I'm now with an absolutely smashing girl called Emma, we've been together for about a year and a half now and we even have our own house! Just to show how serious we are, here's a picture of our cat:




The reason that picture is so fucking fantastic is because I took it. I got right into my photography for some FUCKER to break into our house and steal all of our stuff. This included my Canon 550D and my rather nice HP laptop. Naturally with being a dickhead and not deserving the right about of chromosomes I have, I never actually bought contents insurance so never got any of it back.

Apart from being a rockstar, I'm still working the same job in a financial claims office and generally being the funniest person ever. Anyway, enough about me, onto dead people...

My thoughts on ghosts.
Right, I know I've always thought a little outside of the box, but I've never really understood why people are so convinced that ghosts are connected in any way to dead people.

As far as I can work out, the only reason that we naturally think this, is because we've been told it all of our lives. When we were kids and first started learning about them we were too young to question it, so have just accepted it all our lives. Then once we were old enough and developed enough to challenge what we've been taught, we've just never thought about it again.

I personally like to think of ghosts as cats.

I'll explain.

If people are genuinely going to believe that it is possible for someone/something to walk through walls, become invisible, change temperature around them, or whatever you may believe ghosts can do for that matter.....why does it have to be a dead person?

I don't understand why it can't be a type of animal that we haven't discovered yet? Scientists will happily admit that we know more about the surface of the moon than we do our own oceans, do you see what I'm getting at?

They appear to come and go, stay in roughly the same area, seem to take a liking to certain people, sound a bit like a cat to you?

Personally I'm not even sure they exist as I've never had any real encounters myself, but my theory on them makes by far more sense to me than any other wacky ones that are out there.

Maybe the reason we're all so attached to the idea that they're dead people is because we can't accept the fact that our loved ones have gone? We make ourselves bend the truth slightly, just enough so that we still believe it, but it means we can still talk to them?

Or maybe it's all because of money? Maybe ghost walks is a big business? Maybe they're used to instil fear into people? Maybe castles have had problems with people breaking in and stealing certain items, so make up a nice haunting story and its like free security?

Who knows....

Anyway, I've babbled on for long enough now, but I hope I've managed to make you think about today's magical subject in a new light.

Who knows how long it will be to my next post, maybe another 46,051,200 seconds?

I'll let you count.

Here is me and Emma pissed up at a wedding absolutely loving life:

No comments:

Post a Comment